Monday 23 April 2012

GOGO PICKS NOMINATION FORMS, PROMISES FIRMNESS

Gogo, right, congratulated by EC chair David Banamini

Godfred Tawiah Gogo became the first to pick nomination forms on Monday morning at the SRC office to contest for the post of General Secretary of the Ghana Institute of Journalism. 


Gogo, who resigned as Speaker of General Assembly earlier this month, was accompanied by friends and colleagues from campus. 

He is counting on the experience gleaned during his tenure as Speaker to succeed if voted into office in the May elections.

"I sit back seeing myself as having done a very good job. The office of the General Secretary is the coordinating office of the SRC. Policies are initiated by the SRC and as General Secretary, I see to it that it is well coordinated." He told Gijelection2012coverage.blogspot.com

As at 14:00 GMT, no aspirant had filed to contest Mr Gogo for the position of SRC General Secretary and he is expected to run uncontested as picking of nomination forms ends at 17:00 GMT on Monday.

Mr Gogo denied allegations that he has publicly campaigned for sole presidential aspirant Raymond Yeldidong Bayor. However, he maintained that he can vouch for his capabilities and credibility. 

Gogo signs nomination forms
"I have a campaign to prosecute myself so I don't see myself going outside to campaign for somebody else who is contesting for another position. I believe in the capacity and capabilities of Raymond Bayor and I believe in him. 

People who have approached me and asked about Raymond Bayor I tell them he is a good leader and they can count on him." He added.

He becomes the third aspirant to pick nominations after Yeldidong Bayor and Gifty Amevor picked nomination forms to contest for SRC the presidency and Women's Commissioner last Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment