Thursday 17 May 2012

TEAM McCARTHY FOR GJA-GIJ CHAPTER COMMUNIQUE

As the main SRC elections draw closer, there are also students who are interested in vying other offices. Charles McCarthy is contesting for the position of GIJ-GJA chapter President.

For immediate release 16th May, 2012.

Today, I confirm that after wide consultations spanning the nine geo-political zones that make up Ghana Institute of Journalism, making up of members of my class, my year group, the opposition, level 300, the morning class, members of the afternoon class, weekend students, student groups and our revered religious community, I Charles McCarthy BK by the grace of God hereby offer myself and my services to GIJ-GJA as a candidate for the office of President in the fourth coming elections

In presenting myself for service, I make no pretense that I have a magic wand that will solve all of GIJ-GJA’S problems or that I am the most intelligent Student. Far from it.

What I do promise is this – If I am elected President, I will make a covenant with GIJ-GJA members to always do right, to tell you the truth at all times, to carry you along and most importantly to listen to you, fellow citizens in our communities and also those of you on this campus. I do not want to win your affections by giving you fat promises of things I would do in the future which others before me have given and which have largely been unfulfilled.

Rather, I would want you to judge me by my records. Since God Almighty and you permitted me to serve you in the present capacity as a member, I have busied myself with setting GIJ-GJA on the path of peace and progress.

I know you are tired of empty promises, so I will make only one promise to you today. The only promise I make to you my friends, fellow students, is to promise LESS and deliver MORE if I am elected.

I call on you to join me to work together in harmony and synergy to forge a GIJ-GJA where we understand our differences instead of pretending they do not exist and work towards a perfect Association founded on transparency, equity and justice.

Association that is on her way to repairing her Institutional reputation and project to the world that things have changed and the people of GIJ have now taken GIJ-GJA back from a few into the hands of her people who are eager, very eager to pull her weight in the forward movement of the African continent and the world in the pursuit of Journalism.

I call on you my friends and all GIJ Students to give me your support and prayers so that together we can liberate our association from the confines and self –inflicted wounds and limitations of the past. My dear friends and fellow students, to borrow an often used slogan by our youths, please join me in proclaiming: Forward Ever, Backward Never! Please let us all unite across tongue and creed to move our long suffering association forward together.

Charles McCarthy BK

Diploma One Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment